Hinge and pivot shower doors are some of the most common options because of their modern, seamless designs.
Shopping for a new shower door can be overwhelming, but we’re here to help. Today, we’re talking about two of the most popular selections, hinge and pivot doors, and what they have to offer.
Keep reading to take a closer look at each of these options.
Pivot Shower Doors
A pivot shower door has a hinge that allows the door to swing 180-degrees and open in either direction. This type of door is great for any space but can be particularly helpful in small bathrooms. The pivot hinge can be mounted on the side or in the center to create a revolving door.
Pivot Door Pros
- Space-saving – Since pivot shower doors can open in multiple directions, they are an excellent choice for smaller bathrooms where there is little room for the door to open out into the general bathroom area.
- Sleek design – Trends come and go, and you don’t want to renovate your bathroom every few years to keep up. Pivot shower doors offer a beautiful frameless view that will always be in style. They are a timeless option that will complement your bathroom for years to come.
- Strong and stable – With this option, you won’t need to worry about stability. The hinges are positioned to carry weight at the bottom of the door, which makes the entire mechanism structurally sound.
- Easy to install – Pivot shower doors don’t require a lot of hardware to install. To make sure it is installed soundly and correctly, contact the professionals at Murray Glass for assistance.
Hinge Shower Doors
Like a typical passageway in your home, hinged shower doors are designed to open by swinging out. This option is optimal for stand-alone shower stalls. When shopping for a hinged door, be sure to measure the clearance space surrounding the shower for accuracy purposes. The large opening can be quite convenient, but you’ll want to ensure that there’s room for it first.
Hinge Door Pros
- Large opening – Since most hinge doors can swing all the way out to 90-degrees, they are accommodating for those with mobility limitations.
- Easy to clean – Both hinge and pivot shower doors have the luxury of being easy to clean and maintain. Each of their designs prevents moisture from accumulating in small crevices, so you won’t have to worry about mold and mildew buildup.
- Seamless design – Hinged shower doors have minimal tracks and brackets, making them aesthetically pleasing in any bathroom. They help make the whole area look like one seamless unit.
Choose Murray Glass
Hinge and pivot shower doors are just some of the many beautiful options Murray Glass carries. If you’re ready to upgrade your shower doors, the professionals at Murray Glass are here for you! We’re experts in all things glass and offer premium service. When you work with us, you can rest assured that our products are made to last.
We proudly serve homes and businesses throughout Northern Utah, including Salt Lake City, Taylorsville, West Jordan, West Valley, and the surrounding area. Get in touch with our team of experts for a free estimate or schedule a consultation on your project today.