If you’re looking to spruce up your patio, glass tables are the perfect addition because they’re versatile, durable, and sophisticated.
Patio furniture should reflect the overall look you want the area to have and represent your personal style. One popular piece of outdoor furniture is a glass table. These come in so many different shapes and sizes that it’s impossible to go wrong.
Read on to learn more about these tables and how they can help you achieve the patio of your dreams.
Types of Glass for Patio Tables
Tempered glass is most often used for patio tables because it is safe, durable, and strong enough to withstand the elements. This type of glass is a favorite because it’s available in various shapes, sizes, colors, and finishes. Because of this, it’s not hard to find or customize a table that reflects your design style.
1.Sizes – You can find tempered glass tabletops in sizes ranging from as small as 3-feet wide to as large as 12-feet.
2.Shapes – Oval, circle, hexagon, rectangle, and square shapes are some of the figures you can choose from for a glass patio table.
3.Colors – Since tempered glass is translucent, tinting it is an option to achieve just about any color. Tinted colors range from subtle blues and grays to bright yellows and reds.
4.Finishes – Consider modifying the appearance of tempered glass to fit your preferences. Frosted, stained, tinted, and reflective glass finishes are some of the most popular selections.
Glass Tables and Shattering
Glass tables are beautiful, but they can shatter if you do not properly maintain them. Here are several tips and tricks to make sure that your investment lasts for years to come:
- Choose a table that’s specifically manufactured for outdoor use
- Make sure it’s constructed out of safety or tempered glass
- Choose a thick glass with a beveled edge
- Position your table on a level surface and avoid high traffic areas
- Keep it out of the sun
- Fit rubber pads to the bottom of the feet
- Store it away during adverse weather conditions
Patio Design Tips
A glass tabletop works as a beautiful focal point for any patio. As you plan your design, here are a few ideas that will make your outdoor dining space shine:
- Set the table with evergreen or floral centerpieces, jute placemats, and an outdoor tablecloth
- Place an outdoor rug under the table
- Choose comfortable chairs that complement your table well
- Add unique lighting fixtures such as pendant lights, candles, or bamboo lanterns
- Provide shade in the form of an outdoor umbrella or a patio cover
- Keep insects away with citronella candles, a water feature, or mosquito netting
Murray Glass Custom Glass Tables
If you’re looking to add one-of-a-kind glass tables to your home or business, Murray Glass has you covered. We’re a custom glass company that loves bringing our client’s visions to life!We’re proud to service Salt Lake City, Utah, and the surrounding areas, including Layton, Park City, Sandy, West Valley, Tooele, Draper, and more. Get in touch with our experts today for a free estimate on your project!