Glass table scratches can be a huge disappointment when you’ve invested in the table of your dreams, but fortunately, there are ways to eliminate these defects.
Whether you have deep scratches or superficial abrasions, there are many remedies to help your glass table look good as new again. If you’re ready to bring life back into your precious furniture, continue reading to learn more about how to erase stubborn scuffs and scratches.
Benefits of a Glass Table
Many people choose glass tables to give their homes a classy, timeless look. While some people worry about the fragile nature of glass, its advantages far outweigh the cons:
- Glass tables are incredibly durable
- They are easy to keep clean and are germ-free
- A glass tabletop protects your wood surface to keep it free from scratches and stains
- Glass is transparent so it creates the illusion of more space
- They have a weightless, uncluttered feel
- Glass tables can easily adapt to fit any style or mood
- Glass cannot stain or trap harmful bacteria into its surface
How to Remove Scratches from Glass Table Tops
Abrasions can hinder the aesthetic of your table, but fortunately, glass table scratches are not permanent. Here are a few methods to polish it:
- Paste wax – Paste wax has been used for centuries to smooth out wood furniture, but it can also be very effective at filling in minor scratches on glass.
- Metal polish – Metal polish is another easy and effective way to reduce superficial scratches. Clean the surface and then gently rub in the polish with a soft cloth.
- Toothpaste – For a quick and handy way to remove scratches, gently rub a small amount of toothpaste over them. Apply gentle circular movements until you’re pleased with the results.
- Jeweler’s rouge – Jeweler’s rouge is a compound developed by the jewelry trade to buff and shine precious metals such as gold and silver. This product can have the same effect on glass.
- Clear nail polish – This is an effective way to fill in minor scratches. Apply a thin layer of clear polish to the scratched area, and then remove the excess with a microfiber towel.
Best Ways to Keep Your Glass Table Scratch-Free
Here are a few ways to protect your glass table from getting damaged:
- Clean your table frequently with a soft, non-abrasive cloth
- Don’t use an excessive amount of cleaner
- Avoid placing hot items directly on the table
- Use placemats and coasters whenever you put something on the surface
- Adorn it with a tablecloth or runner
- Keep an eye out for pets that could claw the surface
- Don’t let children play with toys directly on the table
Choose Murray Glass for All Your Glass Needs
Now that you know all about taking care of glass table scratches, you’re ready to admire your furniture again. And if you’re looking to add a stunning glass tabletop to your home, Murray Glass is here for you! We’re more than happy to help you design the table of your dreams.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation for all of your custom glass needs! We serve the Salt Lake City, Utah, area, including Layton, Sandy, Midvale, West Jordan, Herriman, Draper, and more!