You can make your home appear larger by methodically and strategically placing glass and mirrors throughout your space.
Now more than ever, people are spending countless hours at home. Your house should feel as comfortable and as light and bright as possible. Unfortunately, this is not the reality for many homeowners, and their spaces are everything but open and airy. Thankfully, you aren’t limited to a complete and total renovation or remodel. There are many cost-effective ways to achieve a space that looks and feels much bigger than it actually is.
The answer: using glass and mirrors throughout your home.
Continue reading below to learn more.
How to Make Your Home Appear Larger By Incorporating Glass and Mirrors
Give your home the illusion of added space and light with mirrors and glass. Here’s what to do:
- Use Glass Cabinet Doors in Your Kitchen — Add a sense of more space and brightness by replacing your standard upper cupboard doors with glass ones. Leaving lower cabinets as-is and replacing your uppers with glass will bring the eye up, making your kitchen feel taller. If you don’t want to show off what is kept in your cabinets with translucent glass, other options are frosted, etched, textured, and more.
- Opt for Glass Furniture— There is no doubt that the dining, coffee, and side tables in your house are bulky and possibly even oversized. Instead of a wooden, metal, or other type of opaque material, opt for a glass table. The space will immediately feel bigger and lighter when you make the swap.
- Create a Window with a Mirror — If you have a small room that does not feature windows, invest in a mirror that mimics a window with its cut and frame. This helps open up the space and prevents any unpleasant senses of claustrophobia. Your mirror window can also serve as the focal point in the room.
- Swap Out Standard Railings for Glass — Your railings could be a contributing factor to your home feeling small and tight on space. Open up sightlines and allow more light to flow by getting rid of your stand stair railings and installing glass ones.
- Go European — Do any of the bathrooms in your house feel small and a bit cavelike? By getting rid of your dingy shower curtain, you can give the illusion of extra space and open up sightlines with a European shower or tub surround. You spend a lot of time in the bathroom, so make it a spa-like retreat where you can relax and feel refreshed.
Want to Make Your Home Appear Larger With Glass and Mirrors? Contact Murray Glass Today!
Do you want to make your home appear larger? Let the pros at Murray Glass help! Many properties in Salt Lake City and neighboring cities were built decades ago, which means they weren’t built with open floor plans and bright spaces in mind. Our team of professionals can help make your house feel and look bigger with strategically placed glass and mirrors. Contact us for all of your custom glasswork needs today!