Adding sliding doors to your home comes with multiple benefits — many of which you’ll want to take full advantage.
Whether you currently have a regular door going to your deck, patio, or backyard, have a window, or a solid wall, you may want to consider adding sliding doors to your home. Sliding doors are more than just a functional feature in your home — though they are that, too! They provide numerous benefits to you and your family, and making them a reality is completely achievable.
Learn more about the benefits of glass sliding doors below.
5 Benefits of Sliding Doors
- Increased Natural Light — When your home only features a single door or window, not much light can enter your home. With glass sliding doors, however, natural light can pour into your home. Increased sunlight exposure comes with many benefits, such as reduced stress, increased energy, better mood, improved nighttime sleeping, and more. In addition to health benefits, the brighter your home, the bigger and airier it can appear.
- More Usable Space — Sliding doors are perfect for any home, especially in homes where space is tight. Traditional doors are mounted on hinges and require a swing to open and close. Sliding doors, on the other hand, do not and can function perfectly in any space.
- Better Outside Views — Small windows, single doors, and, in some cases, a solid wall do not allow you to take advantage of any views surrounding your home. Sliding doors give you an unobstructed view of your world. There’s a lot to say about sitting inside of your home on a cold, wintry day, watching the snow fall, or watching your kids play out back from the comfort of your air-conditioned family room.
- More Energy Efficient — There are several ways you can make your home more energy-efficient: getting a better seal on your windows, adjusting your thermostat morning and night, and adding more insulation to your attic. You can also make your house more efficient by adding a sliding door. The large glass panels that sliding doors feature allow heat to warm up your home more effectively during the winter months and the glass will trap the cool air inside during the summer. You can also open the wide doors on brisk mornings and evenings to cool down your house. Moreover, because sliding doors let in more light, you’ll use less electricity for lighting your home, saving you more money.
- Easy Entertaining — If you love having friends and family over for parties and gatherings, sliding doors will be a great addition to your home. Open your sliding doors at your next party and take advantage of people hanging out inside and outside.
Contact Murray Glass
Enjoy a seamless transition from the indoors to the outdoors with sliding doors.
Trust the professional and experienced glass technicians at Murray Glass with all of your glass projects, including sliding doors. Whether you need windows, walls, doors, mirrors, custom work, and more, our skilled team can do it all. We have been serving cities throughout Northern Utah, including Salt Lake City, West Jordan, and Ogden, for decades and pride ourselves on delivering quality workmanship on every project we complete. Contact Murray Glass today!