Glass tables are a popular choice for home decor, thanks to their sleek and elegant design. However, they aren’t the easiest to style.
Indeed, whether you have a glass coffee table in your living room, a glass dining table in your kitchen, or a glass console table in your entryway, styling these glass table tops can be challenging. The transparency of the glass surface can make it difficult to strike the right balance between functionality and style.
However, with a few tips and tricks, you can create a beautiful and practical display that enhances your home’s overall look and feel.
In this blog, we’ll share some valuable tips for styling a glass table that will help you achieve a stunning and functional display in any room. We’ll also share what you should avoid styling your glass table top with. How you style glass can be tricky, but with these tips, you’ll be a pro in no time.
10 Perfect Items for Styling a Glass Table
When it comes to styling a glass table, the right decor can make all the difference. Glass tables can be both functional and stylish, but they can also be tricky to decorate without overwhelming the space.
Choosing the perfect items to style glass can help create a cohesive and visually appealing look. Here are some perfect items to consider when styling a glass table.
- Decorative trays: Add a pop of color or texture with a decorative tray that can hold smaller items.
- Candles: Create a cozy atmosphere with candles of varying heights and sizes.
- Books: Use books to add height and dimension to the glass table and showcase your personal interests and style.
- Greenery: Add a touch of nature with a small potted plant or vase of flowers.
- Coasters: Protect the glass surface and add a functional yet stylish touch with decorative coasters.
- Sculptures or figurines: Add visual interest and personality to the space with a unique sculpture or figurine.
- Vases: Display fresh or faux flowers in a beautiful vase to add color and elegance.
- Decorative bowls: Use a decorative bowl to hold small items like keys or jewelry, or display the bowl on its own as a statement piece.
- Mirrors: Reflect light and add depth to the space with a small mirror or mirrored decor piece.
- Artwork: Display a small piece of artwork or a framed photo on the glass table to add a personal touch.
10 Items to Avoid
When it comes to styling a glass table, it’s important to choose the right decor and avoid certain items that can detract from its beauty. While a glass table can be a stunning centerpiece in any room, it can also be a magnet for clutter, stains, and unsightly items.
Avoiding certain items can help keep the glass table looking its best and preserve its elegance. Here are ten items to avoid when styling a glass table.
- Too many small items: Avoid cluttering the glass table with too many small items, making the space look messy and overwhelming. Visitors will struggle to keep track of everything on the table instead of admiring its beauty.
- Sharp or heavy objects: Avoid placing sharp or heavy objects directly on the glass surface to prevent scratches or damage.
- Mismatched decor: Avoid using decor that clashes with the style or color palette of the room, as it can be distracting and take away from the glass table’s beauty.
- Tacky or cheap-looking items: Avoid using tacky or cheap-looking items that can detract from the elegance of the glass table and make the space look cheap.
- Food or drink stains: Avoid leaving food or drink stains on the glass surface, as they can be difficult to remove and make the table look dirty. Use coasters under glasses and mugs.
- Dust and debris: Avoid leaving dust or debris on the glass surface, as it can make the table look dirty and detract from its beauty. Regularly dusting can solve this problem.
- Overly sensitive decor: Avoid using decor that is sensitive to temperature changes or moisture, as it can be difficult to protect the glass surface from damage.
- Large or bulky items: Avoid using large or bulky items that can overwhelm the space and make the glass table look small or insignificant. The goal is to highlight the table, not the decor on the table.
- Fussy or complicated decor: Avoid using fussy or complicated decor that requires a lot of maintenance or upkeep, as it can be difficult to keep the glass table looking beautiful.
- Overcrowding the table: Just like you don’t want too many little items on your glass table, you don’t want to overcrowd the table, no matter how you choose to style it.
Tips for Styling a Glass Table
When you style glass tables, it can be a fun and creative process, but it can also be challenging to strike the right balance between elegance and functionality. Glass tables are versatile pieces of furniture that can complement a variety of decor styles, but they require some thought and consideration when it comes to styling.
Whether you’re decorating a coffee table or a dining table, there are several tips and tricks to keep in mind to create a visually appealing and practical display. Here are some suggestions for styling a glass table that will help you achieve the perfect look for your home.
- Start with a focal point: Choose a focal point item, such as a vase or sculpture, to anchor the decor on the glass table.
- Use decorative trays: Decorative trays can help organize smaller items and prevent clutter on the glass surface.
- Experiment with different textures: Incorporating different textures, such as wood or metal, can add depth and interest to the overall look.
- Play with heights: Varying the heights of the items on the glass table can add dimension and visual interest.
- Follow a color scheme: Choose a color scheme that complements the room’s decor and stick to it when selecting items for the glass table.
- Mix and match styles: Mixing and matching different styles, such as modern and traditional, can create a unique and visually appealing look.
- Add a pop of color: Incorporating a pop of color, such as a bright vase or colorful books, can add a playful and lively touch to the glass table.
- Use candles or lighting: Candles or lighting can create a warm and inviting ambiance on the glass table.
- Keep it simple: Sometimes, less is more when it comes to styling a glass table. A few well-chosen items can make a bigger impact than a cluttered and overwhelming display.
- Keep it clean: Finally, make sure to keep the glass surface clean and free of dust and debris to preserve its beauty and elegance.
Get Your Glass Table Top From Murray Glass
Styling a glass table can be a challenging but rewarding task. With the right tips and tricks, you can create a beautiful and practical display that enhances the overall look and feel of your home.
If you’re looking for high-quality glass table tops to elevate your home decor, look no further than Murray Glass. With years of experience in the glass industry, Murray Glass offers a wide range of custom glass solutions for your home, including glass table tops.